Tuesday 17 November 2015

Montreal Spring Days by Dave Jaffe

     Montreal Spring Days


     I loved those days.
     The snow the snow
      Piled up by months of winter
      Was melting under the mild yellow sun.
      At night time I slip but don't fall
      On the freezing sidewalk
      As water hardened into ice.
      Today I would shrink from the night's dangers.
       But back then
       Young and frisky
        I crunched the ice with my supple feet.


       Soon, too soon
       Summer's heat would descend on the city
       And crush me in its humid grasp.
       Yet now it was spring in Montreal
       And the clear night sky
       Curved like a dark joyful bowl above me,
       While ice froze below.


       I loved those days and nights
       They were lovely
        In the spring time of my life.
      
      
       
       
      

No comments:

Post a Comment