Wednesday 25 November 2015

My Knees A Poem by Dave Jaffe

                                 My Knees

            My knees
            Are battered broken
             And wrenched all out of shape.


            My knees
            are ugly twisted and
            misshapen.


            My knees
            Are painful hurting bruised and
            Filled with pain
            Especially when it rains.   


            Yet my knees
             Keep me moving
             Push me out of doors
             Into mornings of welcoming sun rays and blue skies.
             They glide through
             The water when I swim
             They sit me down in restaurants
              Raise me up from drowsy armchairs
             Walk me through
             Upscale malls and scrappy ones too.
             They bend me down to sleep.


             It's amazing
             That my knees still work
             Sometimes.
             
            

No comments:

Post a Comment